What is Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle?
Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle is a plant-based wrinkle releaser spray for clothing. No more hassling with the iron or steamer. Save time and still look your best.
What are the ingredients in Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle?
- Plant-based surfactant, distilled water, natural quality control agents, linen fragrance.
How does Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle work?
A plant-based surfactant is the active ingredient in Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle. We liken the surfactant to a hair conditioner in that it relaxes the fibers of your clothing like a conditioner would your hair. This allows them to be manipulated, aka straightened out, causing the wrinkles to release.
Does Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle work on all fabrics?
We recommend you test a hidden portion of fabric before spraying any entire garment. If there are any undesired effects, do not proceed with using Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle on that particular garment.
Best: wool, Oxfords, soft cotton, t-shirts, polyester blends, flannel, heavy cotton, chinos, denim, poplin, linen, cotton blends.
Caution: silk, rayon, satin, or other fabrics that have a tendency to water-spot.
Can I use Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle on my dry-cleaned items?
Yes, see fabric recommendations regarding materials. We actually see Iron in a Bottle as a value-add to anyone with hefty dry-cleaning tabs. You can use the product to extend the wear throughout the day, refresh your garment, or re-wear a second time. (or even third time if you really like saving time and money)
Is there a certain technique for using it?
There are many ways to use Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle. Hanging your item on a hanger or laying on a flat surface to start definitely helps. You’ll mist all wrinkles from about 6 inches away from garment. Then check out the varying ‘finishing techniques’ on video below. Our recommendations are solely based on what we’ve found to give the best results.
- Whip and Smooth Technique
- Travel Bottle
- Whip, Smooth, and Tug
Do I have to let my item dry completely before wearing?
- We highly recommend you allow sufficient drying time before wearing. Think of it this way, the active ingredient (plant-based) surfactant is essentially manipulating the fabric how you direct it until dry. Thus, if you put on a shirt that’s not completely dry and sit down in your car, the shirt will be more likely to crease as you sit down. Make sense?
Why does Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle take a few minutes to dry?
- Most other wrinkle releasing formulas use alcohol to help speed up drying time. We’ve intentionally left alcohol out of our product, making it safer for all people and fabrics.
When should I use Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle?
Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle is convenient to use so it works anytime. If at home, we recommend using Iron in a Bottle on clothes as you’re hanging them in the closet. If getting ready in the morning, we recommend spraying your garments first thing allowing all wrinkles to fall and items to dry completely. If traveling, we recommend using the product as you’re unpacking your suitcase and hang items in a closet. But we’ve used it on clothes in the airport bathroom while changing in a time crunch, so these are definitely recommendations, not musts!
Tom & Sheri’s … like Tom & Jerry’s?
- Three words… sounds like… yes! However, our name has nothing to do with the old cat and mouse. Tom & Sheri’s Products was named after Founder Austin Eudaly’s parents, Tom & Sheri Eudaly, who’ve always been his inspiration and support. It is an homage to them for all they’ve meant in his life. His mom, Sheri, was also the one who originally introduced Austin to her homemade wrinkle spray years ago. And although the real Tom & Sheri don’t work in the office on a daily basis, if you’re lucky you may catch them at a Tom & Sheri’s event, in videos, etc. And they are most certainly a vital part of the think tank behind the company….be sure to ask Tom about his latest commercial; he’s a kind when it comes to marketing ideas!
Why in the world did you decide to make a wrinkle releaser spray?
That is a very good question! Sheri Eudaly had given up on ironing and created a homemade wrinkle releaser spray years before. When her son, Austin, went off to college she sent him with enough spray to keep even the busiest football playing freshman looking good. It became his secret weapon into his young adulthood and budding professional years. On a trip to Croatia in the summer of 2017, Austin’s buddies kept stealing his spray. He realized at that point that people were dying for freedom from ironing. Thus, began a year of research and development; and in spring of 2018 the greatest wrinkle releaser was born- Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle!
Who should use Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle?
- Anyone who wears clothes!
- Anyone who hates ironing
- Anyone who’s ever been burned by an iron or steamer
- Anyone who had to iron clothing for punishment as a child
- Anyone who’s clothes end up more wet than dry after attempting to steam them
- Anyone who’s traveling and needs a quick and easy way to perk up their outfit
- Anyone who is busy and has better things to do than iron
- Anyone who has sensitive skin, is allergic to chemicals used in other wrinkle releaser sprays and/or dry-cleaning processes, and anyone who just doesn’t feel comfortable with the idea of putting chemicals all over their body
- Anyone who has kids (who are old enough to know how to properly use) and is looking for an easy, fun way for them to take on more responsibility
- Anyone…… I think you get where we’re going with this
Does the bottle come with a sprayer?
- Yes, all bottles and prices listed include sprayers. And these are good sprayers! We tested probably 20+ to bring you the best spraying action.
Can I buy Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle in stores?
Yes! Currently you can find Tom & Sheri’s on our website, on Amazon, on Etsy, and at 100+ store locations throughout 17 states. More to come. If you or someone you know is a retailer and believe Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle (and freedom from ironing) would bring value to your customers, reach out to us at email@example.com
Will Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle hurt me?
The ingredients in Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle, although almost 100% natural, are not made for consumption. Please use only as intended and keep out of reach of children. Do not spray directly towards your face. If eye contact occurs, rinse thoroughly.
I am highly sensitive to fragrances. Do you have an unscented version of Iron in a Bottle?
Thank you for asking! Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle unscented version is in the works and should be available by May 2019.
Do you give to charity?
We do! We believe that ridding the world of wrinkles and ironing woes is great, but we have an even bigger purpose in this. We want people to be honored in everything from our customer service to what we do with profits. Therefore, a portion of all proceeds goes to non-profit organizations helping those in need. So far, along with our amazing customers- looking at YOU, we’ve been able to give thousands of dollars to seven different charities. Thanks so much for partnering with us in this! If you have a charity and are interested in receiving a gift from Tom & Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle (in-kind or financial), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently support awesome non-profits like Attitudes & Attire, For Oak Cliff, ACT for Justice, Micaela's Army and several other teams helping those in need.
I got an email from PayPal saying you’d charged my account. I’ve never even heard of Tom & Sheri?
We’re so sorry for this inconvenience. The email is a complete scam. If you click-through, it will ask for your name, date of birth, PayPal login credentials and possibly even your social security number. Forward immediately to email@example.com and then delete the email. Do not share any of the above information. This matter has been reported to the FBI. You have not, nor will you, been charged by us.
(If in this process you decide your life would be better with some plant-based wrinkle releaser spray, and who could blame you, we will offer you a discount code good for your first purchase! Might as well make lemonade 😊)